This event included a Pilot Meet & Greet, Drone Static Display, and personalized virtual walk through youth and young adult aviation experiences. Thank you to our community partners The Microsoft Store Galleria Houston, Lone Star Flight Museum, Oragnization of Black Aerospace Professionals (OBAP), and Sisters of the Skies for bringing STEM to life in our community.
The Dr. L.C. Carter Foundation has partnered with the Lone Star Flight Museum (LSFM) as a supporting sponsor. We are excited to announce that our sponsorship goes toward kids 17 and under receiving FREE admission on Monday, January 15, 2018, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Day!
- Total Attendance - 724 - highest single day attendance since the since the opening
- We sponsored 318 students under 11 years old and 58 students 12-17 to experience STEM activities with a focus on aviation
The devastation of Hurricane Harvey was felt across the globe. We as a foundation received several calls from several resources asking how they could help.
- Distributed over $5,000 of designer women's' clothing to 5 beneficiaries affected by the hurricane
- 1 small business owner, 1 corporate staff member, 3 displaced women
Arts & Culture is a living part of our community that many people have yet to experience in their city. Thanks to the Ensemble Theatre, Executive Director, Janette Cosley, youth volunteers, and local business owners in the arts, we brought the arts alive to youth who had never experienced theatre.
Sponsored a total of 20 homeless youth to dinner and theatre exposing them to the arts and culture in Houston
Partnered with local business owner to collect and deliver of $1,000 in gift cards from an anonymous local social group to distribute to homeless youth for Christmas.
The Dr. L.C. Carter Foundation's VP, Angela Carter and her company AFC Power Strategy Group held the first of these events with the hopes of one day bringing it to a nonprofit that shared her passion to attract, support and encourage degree seeking women and men from the community.
- Total Attendance - Over 150 college students (all levels)
- Distributed over $4,000 in gift cards, backpacks, and school supplies to college students
- Specifically donated a college starter kit (included backpack, laptop, school supplies, and clothing) to displaced freshman art major